Thursday, September 11, 2008

Amazon A-Z Guarantee Claim, Getting a Refund

So, I've been selling with Amazon for a couple of months now. Usually when I get an order the first thing I do is take its duplicate listing off of Half.com. That way I don't have double sales. (Although that did happen to me once - a book sold on both sites within an hour of each other. I refunded the second buyer and wished I had more copies of the book!) Once the other listing is removed, my next steps are to add the selling information into my spreadsheet and update my sidebar on the right on this blog. My next step is to go to Amazon and print off the packing slip.

That night I bring the packing slip home, pack up the book securely, label it and put it with my things for the next day. On my way into work the next morning I drop it off at the post office, simple, right?

Well, apparently not for everyone. I recently placed an order from Amazon for a used book. After being a seller and seeing the prices that people list their books at - I will never buy new again! Anyway, that was August 11th. I haven't seen hide nor hair of my book since.

Normally, with my current financial state I wouldn't be buying books at all, but I decided to take the plunge on this one because it was on how to make my business grow. I was very excited to read it, and I assumed that when I was done I would be able to resell in online. I figured I wasn't so much buying it as renting it.

Unfortunately it hasn't come. I have emailed the seller twice and not gotten a response. So, today I filed my first Amazon A-z Guarantee. They will look into the problem, try to resolve it, and if they can't, they will refund me. Although I wish I had my book, I am kind of glad that I had this experience. It is a real life example for what my customers might have to go through if they don't receive a book.

I'll let you know how it goes!




Photo by: soumit

No comments: