Wednesday, July 30, 2008

End of the Month Reflections

Well, I have said it before, and I will say it again - July was one expensive month. I am glad I was able to hit over my goal. Some of my unexpected expenses were:

A New Lawn Mower
Toilet Repair Parts
New Freezer Seal
Ironing Board
Medical Expenses
Shipping Materials for eBay

Next month I am going to have to really buckle down. I am not going to use the overage amount from this month to carry it to the next. There was just too much going on. I am still sorting out my receipts, but I am fairly sure I blew through every budget.

My goal for next month is to get the majority of the items up on Amazon, eBay or Half.com. I was caught up, but after the garage sale I have a number of items, both my own and my friends', that I need to post. I also need to organize that room into something that makes sense so it works for easy of storage, mailing and posting.

I am also determined to get the third garage stall cleaned out. That could be a nice passive income rental for me. I got a lot cleaned out, but then had to move things back in for the sale. Basically what I need to do is organize my own two stall garage and move everything that has been stored out of the one stall. I think it should come together nicely and hopefully if I get it advertised next month someone with a boat or jetski will snatch it up before winter.


No comments: