Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Book Selling Online

Over the weekend I sold three books on Amazon and one Half.com. A couple of weeks ago I wrote about the differences between selling on Half.com vs Amazon vs eBay and what sort of success I've been having. However, one thing I haven't been doing very well is tracking which website has been selling the most for me - especially between Amazon and Half.com, since those sites are so similar. I have started doing that today and will continue to track it. My gut intuition says that of the 11 books and 2 dvds I have sold so far, most of those sales have been off Amazon, although, I still think both sites have their advantages. I have also sold 2 books and 1 album through eBay, but those were vintage items.

This weekend I boxed up several more books to add to my bookstores. I will be posting those today. My goal has been to try and post 3 items a business day in one fashion or another. With the water heater troubles and holiday weekend I didn't hit that goal, so I am hoping to make up for lost time. As I continue to unpack I am hoping to find more and more items to sell to keep the momentum going.

As for eBay, my mother gave me a few more items from her basement to sell and my friend David is bringing over some boxes of items that his friend Jen had left him to sell on eBay. Mom lets me keep the profit and Jen and I will split the profit 50/50, so that will be great! Good thing David also provided packing peanuts! Now I just have to figure out which box I put the cords for my digital camera in......

EDIT: Looking for more information on online book selling? I am compiling all my articles about my experiences in one place. Check them out at The Online Bookseller.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dawn - I like to see the update posts you are making for eBay, Amazon, etc. I am very interested in opening up an eBay account, but just don't have the time right now.