Saturday, May 24, 2008

It's all in the Details - or Saving $80 with a Phone Call

Sometimes saving money is simply a matter of follow through. Last March I received my escrow statement for the mortgage on the cottage. The good news was that my payments were actually going down! (I had a temporary weed-spraying tax on my property for the lake. It looks like they took that off.) In addition, there was an escrow shortage of $212.00. If I were to pay that it would also lower my payment. It seemed like a good idea at the time, so I paid it. What this meant was that my cottage payment would go from $665.00 to $585.00. Citibank had said in the statement that they would send me confirmation once the calculations were done showing my new payment. ....I never got it.

So, I made a simple phone call. Statement in hand, I checked what my next payment would be. BINGO! Confirmation it is $585.00. I changed my online billing and now have $80 more a month.

Just $820 to go.... that's not all bad!!

Although it would help me if gas wouldn't skyrocket to $4.20! C'mon people give a girl a break!


No comments: