Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Book Sales Make Me Happy

Ha! I have to laugh. As soon as I write about not selling any books - guess what happens? That's right - I have sold a bunch of books! That's right, my Fighting Foreclosure* Bookstore is up and running again!

Okay, "a bunch" might be a bit of an exaggeration. I have sold 4 books and 2 CDs. Not bad though - especially since one of the CDs was out of print. It was a nice little sale. It is funny, I wrote awhile ago that it seems like when I work on my book sales, I sell more books. I know that seems obvious, but yet... it doesn't make any sense. Two of the books I listed in October of last year and the CDs were listed last June! And yet, I am finding it is happening again...

My aunt gave me a few books and I picked up a few more off some friends, so the last week I have been working on putting them online. The last few weeks I've been putting a few on each evening, not out of any desire to stretch it out, (although I am starting to think that is a good idea) but because I only have so much time in a given evening. I try to put a hour in a night or so, and that usually lets me put up about 5-6 books. Well, after weeks of sales being totally dried up - I have already had a rather nice week, and it is only Wednesday!

I've got a lot more to list, so we'll see how it goes!


* That's not really what I call it, but it would have been a fun name! People might think I only had finance books though.


Photo by: wenzday01.

7 comments:

Lucy said...

Yay! Glad things are picking up a bit.

April said...

Ditto that! Woo hoo!

Bouncing Back said...

I find my book sales go in fits and spurts on half.com. I'd like the books to sell sooner rather than later, but if they sell great! glad to hear they are moving.

HowtoBEaCOOLoldLady said...

It doesn't make sense, but its like when you direct your energy at something, it moves things. Somehow. its not logical. But then I believe in magic!

Dawn said...

Frugalchick - ME TOO!!!

April - Thanks Miss!! It makes me happy.

Bouncing Back - I have several hundred up for sale, taking up a big corner of my basement, so yes, sooner than later would be awesome.

Getting Stuff Done - Exactly. You keyed in on exactly what I was trying to say. It is magic and very interesting.

The Chief's Chef said...

When you list more books, could people be finding the new listings, looking at what you have got and then buying? This could explain why you get sales when you list new items...

Dawn said...

Lowincomelady - I don't think so. On Amazon they don't seem to have a "new used book" section, but I might be wrong. Maybe I will have to see if there is anything like that there. Thanks for the thought!