Monday, April 20, 2009

Back Home Again

I'm back! Last week I was out of town at a trade show for work. The show went well, but more importantly (to the purpose of this blog) I have lots of stories to tell and lots of blog posts in the works. First though, I have to get settled back into my regular writing routine.

The bad news about being out of town last week was that I had to close down all my online sales. The process is really easy through both Amazon.com and Half - you can just log into your account and indicate you are on vacation. Once you do that, all your listing are removed from the sites. When you return, you can click a link and poof! your listings are back online. It must have worked, I came back on Saturday and already had a sale on Sunday. However, that was a whole week without extra income.

The good news is that I have some additional work coming up...

On Saturday night (the day I flew in) I was able to pick up a shift at my part time job. I'll be working two more shifts for them coming up. In addition, I have a week's worth of work starting the 27th at another job. Hopefully between the two, they will help make ends meet. This month isn't looking too exciting so far, although I have received some money out of the blue. My sister, unexpectedly, paid me for puppy-sitting while she was on vacation, and I was able to get a few extra dollars from taking surveys.

Fortunately May is looking pretty good at this point. There is the possibility that I'll be able to pick up quite a bit of part time work, and since I don't have a lot of other things going on, I'll be able to jump back into eBay sales and things like that. Plus, I need to get in touch with my girlfriends and see about having our yearly garage sale!



Photo by: caribb

No comments: