Friday, April 3, 2009

Advair Coupons!

Hey, do any of you out there use Advair? I'm an asthmatic and I've been using it for quite awhile, and frankly, I love it. It has made a huge difference in my life. The problem is that it comes in these purple plastic discs which don't seem to have the recycling symbol on them. I hate adding junk to the landfills, so I decided to go over to their website and see if I could find an email or mailing address so I could write and ask them. While I was there, I found this:


They also have a coupon for a free prescription if you are new to Advair. I'm not a doctor though, so if you want to more about Advair, chat with someone who is. I am just pointing this out in case any of you also use Advair. From what I can tell, you can print one off every month. You can bet that I will be also visiting the websites of other prescription drugs I take, just in case!

It is a touch bittersweet though, finding this coupon, since I just refilled this prescription earlier this week. In fact, one of my co-workers coined a term for just such an event...

He calls it a "booyay". A booyay is when you simultaneously are going "Boo!" and "Yay!" at the same time, as in "Yay! I just found this sweet coupon for $10." but "Boo... I refilled this just a couple of days ago. Why didn't I know it was here before?!?" "Yay! I can print it off every month." but "Boo... how many months could I have been using this?!?" I like this new term booyay, I may need to start using it in general conversation!

Because I work a bit in sales and marketing, I'm thinking about this coupon. Since I was on the Advair website, I also signed up for their "Breathe Easier Program." That way I can find out about their other deals, but in turn, they now know about me. I wonder if this is going to happen with all of the products we use - if before long will we research online every product we use before we buy it? Will all companies know who (if only by email addresses) all their customers are? Will we be Twittering with our car manufacturer? Will our favorite shoes brand have a Facebook account? Already I don't make a grocery list without going online and hunting for coupons. I wonder what else this will all bring?



Photo by: K100Dave

No comments: